Skills / Experience
- Cevni - European Inland Waters
- Icc - Tidal & Inland Waters (sail & Power)
- Rya Day Skipper Practical Motor Cruising Certificate (tidal)
- Rya Day Skipper Practical Sailing Cruising Certificate (tidal)
- Rya Marine Radio Short Range Certificate (src) - Vhf Radio
- Rya/mca Coastal Skipper & Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased Qualification
- Z: Areas Sailed Include; The Solent, Greece, Croatia & Caledonian Canal
55 - 59 years old
Hi - I am a frustrated landlocked sailor looking for Sailing Experience to supplement my sailing holidays prior to purchasing my own boat at some point in the not too distance future as retirement approaches in the next 12 months or so (I am currently 56 years old).
I have my RYA Qualifications and have bareboat Skippered; Monohulls, Sailing Catamarans and also Motor Cruisers, however I don’t have extensive sailing miles yet so am looking to build my experience and enjoy some sailing.
I am happy to travel anywhere, I am really practical and have electrical and mechanical skills and are happy to help in whatever way I can
My wife also sails with me but is more of a ‘fair weather’ sailor so I am looking for experience as either an individual or as a couple.
I learnt to sail in the Solent and love that area but are happy to sail anywhere and would relish any opportunities
My job is fairly flexible so I can be available on week days as well as weekends