If It Floats It's A Boat

Forum > General Discussion > What a great idea.

23 Feb 2014 13:15

It Worked For Me

I had a great season last year thanks to meeting up with a couple of Buddies through this site. Between them they were a big help doing quite a lot of work on the boat, which enabled me to get on the water more. This year has got off to a good start thanks to John getting in contact with a view to helping out this season as well.

The forum is a bit slow, but I love the site.

Henry

Link
30 Dec 2013 20:09

Come on you Buddys!!

Last post was way back where are you all?

Just looking for a Buddy or two to make sure my boat is used and loved!!

Link
30 Dec 2013 20:09

Come on you Buddys!!

Last post was way back where are you all?

Just looking for a Buddy or to to make sure my boat is used and loved!!

Link
22 Jul 2013 14:06

Sounds great - lets hope it works out...

Hi,

I've just joined Boat Buddys as I want to get sailing and the initial 'up front' cost of a boat share is prohibitive for me.  I'm fine with sharing annual costs though..

I've a long way to go from 'Competent Crew' and need a refresher on my way to 'Day Skipper' but hopefully with the help of this website I'll meet up with an owner who wants some help with his running costs and we will be able to strike a deal that suits us both. 

Looking forward to getting in the water :)

Richard

Link
30 Mar 2013 11:40

Couldn't Agree More

I've unknowingly been a Boat Buddy for years and I much prefer it to crewing. See my post under Boat Buddys.

Tom

Link
27 Mar 2013 21:44

Its just what i need !

Should of been done years ago, I cant belive its so good, all the experience without the syndicate costs. I work on boats all year round but dont want the added financial burden of buying the size of boat i need for my family yet. Great idea ! ! !

Link
23 Mar 2013 09:40

I think so to

Yes Paul, I agree. I sold my boat last year, rather reluctantly, just couldn't afford it any more. If this site had been around then I'd have tried to get a buddy or maybe two. A few bob in the kitty would have made all the difference. 

I suppose you could advertise for a buddy before buying a boat. I wouldn't like to join a syndicate.

Link
25 Feb 2013 10:24

What a great idea.

I came across this site by accident some time ago and thought it such a great idea that I joined. What a great idea. I can't really afford/justify owning a boat and I don't want too join a syndicate, but I do like this idea and will be posting my advertisement later this year when I retire.

Link
Showing 1 to 8 of 8